Saturday 1 January 2011

Woops, too long to wait.


So, heres a snippet of the Christmas card designs we sent out this year. It has been a busy year. In September while I was having a mad clear out of my room, I found a whole book of manuscript paper from when I was prepping for grade 5 music theory a few years ago. It still had some of the old notations in it, and I really needed a quick idea for a birthday card for Dad. I started scribbling all the music notations I could remember down onto the staves, in the form of words. After many lines being used up and half and eraser in mini pieces all over the page and my lap, I managed to put enough together to form 'Happy Birthday'. Dad was so excited by it, he suggested that it be the starting theme for one of 2010's Christmas card designs. So, again, much drawing and then rubbing out, and I fonally came up with the above piece. Quite frustrating that some of the notations have to be set above the staves, as it makes it more difficult to read. But really i had a lot of fun with the designs this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment