Sunday 26 June 2011

Artwork of late


A while ago actually I started this piece which; when complete; will show my brothers two adorable lovebirds. Here is the first nearly complete bird, Baldrick. I love him so much. Painted with acrylics only (for me this is a mean feat!) and copied from a photograph H took of him late last year, I hope Balders will be happy with the final look! In the past a lot of my work is more monotone, so this was really a very difficult project, as I am not used ot working with colour, and it has been pointed out to me in my past work, I'm not great at colour matching. This, however, has surprised me, and I am almost terrified of doing anymore incase I hate the changes. This cute birdy is complete, and Percy will be started very soon! I was originally doing this as a birthday present for lil bro, but Chris is desperate for us to have it in our house (when we get one) as he is fascinated by these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment